Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: !!!

Phantast opened this issue on Jan 02, 2004 ยท 65 posts

Gini posted Sat, 03 January 2004 at 5:22 AM

Towal wrote: "You can name a folder anything you want? By that I mean you can just change the folder name and as long as you correct the path (I use correct reference) so poser knows where to look for the item it will work?" In my experience yes you can . I do my runtime whereby I prefix most items in each library section with Clo_ for clothing, An_ for animal related,Char_ character...you get the idea. After the prefix I usually put the vendors name if its not there already and then an abbreviation of what the item actually is. It's made my runtime pretty manageable compared to before and A LOT easier to find things quickly. Textures I do just dump into my texture folder as named. I hate going in there. Total Chaos ! Poser seems fussier about finding textures so I leave the names alone. Needless to say I install everything manually, don't like those VISE installers from Daz, or the MacInstaller utility. Controlfreak ? Moi ?

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python