Forum: Community Center

Subject: RenderPoCoitiy's TOS seems more Pronographic than content on this site

pjanak opened this issue on Jan 09, 2004 ยท 25 posts

Towal posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 4:40 AM

I don't think most of the people voicing opinions on this topic are trying to get things done only their way. They are voicing their displeasure at the rampant hypocrisy.

I personally do not care what the rules are. It's their house and they can make the rules. That being said, the rules should be applied uniformally across the board, not in an arbitrary fashion.

If X is wrong then it is wrong. Being a big money maker does not suddenly make X right. Being geared toward a particular lifestyle over another does not suddenly make X right. If X is wrong then it is wrong period and anyone violating X should be dealt with in the same manner.

There have been several threads recently on this or similar topics and rather than actually addressing any of the quite valid points that are being brought up there is a knee jerk reaction to close the discussion down.

I thought DeeMarie was going to come through on one of them, but in the end she simply did what was easy and locked the thread vs addressing any of the points that were made. It's as though the points made were never even stated they were not acknoweldged in any way.

I have not been a member of this community for very long, but even in the short time I have been here I can tell that many people here have been here for a very long time. Those people are now balking at the rampant and obvious hypocrisy because they love this community. They have been here for years. They have helped people, they have made friends, they have laughed and cried with people here. I would bet that some people here have met each other in real life or they have communications outside this board, etc.

This type of attitude is what makes communities like this a success. They are speaking up because they CARE what happens to the community and the members here.

I suspect that if rules were enforced universally rather than arbitrairly that the amount of bitching would decrease dramatically. People are still going to bitch about something because that is what people do, but it won't be about the rules if they are enforced equally for everyone.

This is their house and they can do what they want. I really don't have a problem with the rules or I wouldn't be here. I would find some place I felt was a better fit with like minded people and I would go there. What I do have a problem with is the fact that even in the short time I have been here I can tell there is a ton of variation in how the rules are enforced or not enforced as the case may be.

The PTB need to realize that while it is their house, in this case, it's success depends on a whole lot of company. If you treat your company with complete disregard then the odds are eventually those folks are going to stop coming by to visit.

You could have the best house in the world, but if no one is stopping by for a coffee and a talk it doesn't really matter anymore does it?

Towal