Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dumping Poser

Butch opened this issue on Jan 11, 2004 ยท 47 posts

Butch posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 8:33 AM

It is not the location of the files, file structure that got me. It was and is the just sheer size of the files. As poser textures get more and more realistic, the size of the files get really huge! It doesn't take that many to really start to make a dent in your harddrive. The same goes for the geometry folder as well. As the figures get more complex, the bigger the folder. Nor does it help that everyone doesn't use the same zip format for stuff. A result is that you have bits and pieces of stuff floating around in your Poser Main folder and bits and pieces in different folders too. I don't think that there is an easy solution to this. Over the years, I found that dumping poser and reloading works for me, this is the first time that I haven't used backup folders to reload poser though. So far it is going great. Until a new version of poser or an update handles files better or someone finds a way to make the actual files smaller, Poser is going to continue to eat harddrives, CD's and now DVD's like crazy....