Forum: Bryce

Subject: Who else thinks this is annoying...

SmileyMax opened this issue on Jan 12, 2004 ยท 18 posts

Quest posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 7:05 PM

I'm afraid I don't really understand what you're saying. What is skeewompus? I do know that most 3D programs have their own coordinate systems and many don't line up with other 3D packages. The modeler/artist usually doesn't know how their model is eventually going to be used or into what package they will be imported into. When I create and export my models from 3D Studio Max, they are not rotated on any axis but when I import them into Bryce, they are rotated around the "y" axis. No big deal there, I just rotate them into the position I want. Whereas if I import the same model into Poser, there's no problem with rotation but there is one in scale. You may be right about the presets but they are important to beginning users who don't have a clue on how to create their own. For the more advanced user, there would be little problem in recreating new ones. So to me, presets are a definite plus whether I like them or not. They may not be helpful to me but that doesnt mean theyre not helpful to others. Hope I didnt go off on left field somewhere in regard to your question. So forgive me if I misunderstood your question.