Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: BOYCOTT THEM

sargebear opened this issue on Jan 12, 2004 ยท 82 posts

Antifreeze posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 3:32 AM

Simple solution, Require all new gallery submissions to go through a screening process before they make it into the public, for showing, and purge the existing galleries of what currently does not meet the TOS. It's done on other sites, and it can be done here as well.

Considering the strictness of this sites TOS, I'm suppressed it already is not being done, unless they enjoy the fruit of their laziness.

Clearly asking the user to comply willingly with the TOS is not working, as the galleries themselves attest, and the scattershot application of the TOS is in part due to the fact that users of the site themselves are not applying the TOS fairly. The current system requires people to report objectionable material, hence only the ones that get reported, are the ones that get yanked.

This, in my judgment, is a very poor enforcement practice. Its like flying over a city full of convicts and randomly dropping guns, with little notes attached that say, Congratulations, you are now a sheriff, go police the rest of the population.

Admittedly, my analogy is extreme, but if one studies the current system that is being used, one will clearly see that it does not work.