Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: BOYCOTT THEM

sargebear opened this issue on Jan 12, 2004 ยท 82 posts

mickmca posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 8:29 AM

You are hurting the wrong people Ernyoka, there are many, many other sites that merchants can list with. My refusal to buy in the RMP only hurts the exclusive merchants (and myself, since there are exclusives I'd like to buy). >> If you don't like it, why do you visit? Because, despite the R'osity officials' views to the contrary, this is a community of people, and I enjoy conversing with them (while trying to tune out the blustering of the thought police), learning from them, and fighting (sometimes) with them. And as for convictiona: My presence in the forums doesn't put money is R'osity's pockets. I have not purchased in the RMP for nearly a year, in spite of a growing wishlist of products I search for at alternate sites. >> Generally Without seeing the images in question, I have no doubt from the conversation that the TOS was enforced arbitrarily. (What's new?) The TOS is a joke. R'osity has one for the same reason fascists like uniforms: it makes thuggery look neato. I've said before that people who assume the view "I own the store so I can do whatever I want" do not prosper in the long term. Doing whatever you want, such as selective enforcement of TOS, is a responsibility, not a reward. There is no better test of character (as we saw recently here) than being promoted from inmate to trustee. >> Boycotts don't hurt Shrews ate the dinosaurs' eggs. May not have wiped the mighty lizards out, but it sure didn't make survival any easier. I've been boycotting Nestle for almost fifty years. I'm sure they never noticed, but I feel good about it--a few thousand dollars they didn't get. There is not an infinite base of customers, and eventually the PTB will offend, ban, or rip off enough people that it will be time to fold tents and go. Unless they get a clue that absolute power only corrupts the corruptable, but it corrupts them absolutely.