Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Time Traveller's Puzzlement -- re: Bunch of Homophobes

panko opened this issue on Jan 12, 2004 ยท 48 posts

Towal posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 8:41 AM

I'm really confused I guess. Why is it so hard for people to understand that the arguements are not about anything except the very uneven, hypocritial enforcement of the TOS?

None of the things you posted about are violations of the TOS as far as I can tell Dialyn. There are two seperate issues being discussed here and they seem to be getting confused.

One topic which appears to be what Dialyn is addressing is that people complain because they personally don't like something or find it offensive. I agree that there is not really much that can be done about that. People like what they like and don't like what they don't like and nothing anyone says is likely going to make them change their mind on topics like that.

The other issue, which is the one that people are at least attempting to show here is that the TOS is applied unevenly and arbitrarily.

IF an image violates the TOS it should be pulled from the gallery no matter the theme of the picture. Hetero, gay, animal, humanoid, alien...doesn't matter if it violates the TOS is should be pulled. That is NOT what is happening, however and that is what people are protesting.

I won't even go into the issue that there is a ton of stuff in the MP that would violate the TOS even it was used in an image here....well maybe just one example.

I did notice when I was doing searches yesterday (see my post in the locked thread) that one of the items in the MP actually has no preview image and it states the reason for having no image is that the item violates the TOS. WTF???????????? If the item violates the TOS such that a preview of it could not even be shown in the MP it would stand to reason that you couldn't use it in images here either. If that doesn't show that the TOS is enforced to benefit the earning of money I'm not sure what does.

If you look at my post on the other thread in only 3 pages not even looking at every picture, just picking thumbs that I suspected might yield what I was looking for I found 6 pictures that were clearly violations of the TOS based on comments made by Thomas (a moderator for this forum).

None of that was even addressed..the thread was simply locked and once again the points were glossed over as though they were never made. Even though the posts were, in fact, on topic for the thread it was closed because it was "off topic" for the thread (or at least that is the way it sounded..he didn't say off topic for the forum).

Towal