Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: BOYCOTT THEM

sargebear opened this issue on Jan 12, 2004 ยท 82 posts

millman posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 9:29 AM

A few things some of you may not be thinking of. Rosity is one site that I can visit and NOT have to kill java, and the first time I visit any site, java is DEAD, DEAD, DEAD. There are a lot of HTML functons that on my machine don't do anything now, the first time I had a problem with them, I looked for something to KILL that problem. Rosity still works. I haven't gotten any spyware through Rosity, the same can't be said for some of the other sites I visit. I don't have to block a lot of flashing "You're a winner!!" banners, although, animated banners show up as a blank square for me. For all the flaws, and restrictions, it's still what I would call a fairly "clean" site, meaning not sending me off to fifty sites that I don't want to visit, or trying to have my machine log everything I look at. (The obvious result of that is more spam in the mailbox.) I can agree that the TOS is sometimes rather subjectively applied, but then, there are (Horrors!) PEOPLE making the decisions. IT's one of the bigger and more well heeled sites, but by far not the only one. The only comment is that the admin might spend a little time addressing answers to the unanswered questions, and I don't mean "Read the tos" as an answer. A hair trigger finger on the lockdown button isn't an answer, it's a copout.