Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: How are you getting DS to actually work?

Moonbiter opened this issue on Jan 14, 2004 ยท 17 posts

Veritas777 posted Fri, 16 January 2004 at 7:06 PM

Hi Mac, The Pz3's are more likely to have the Bad Path-Incorrect Reference problem, and I would certainly recommend that anyone having Pz3 problems use the Content-Cr2 method, since theoretically at least, those paths should be accurate if they are following the Libraries under Runtime setup. "Having said that" (man is that getting to be an overused phrase) I have actually had pretty good luck opening Pz3's myself- I think because I had previously saved them under the "logical" runtime-libaries system (and not in all kinds of weird places, etc.) In fact, my Pz3's are on drive E: and my Poser libraries are on drive D: and DAZ Studio is installed on Drive C:--- but works fine for me! And, "having said that", I actually like importing Poser lights (in some cases) with my Pz3's. They work fine for me this way. But sometimes I will delete some, or all, of them and import another Poser light set from the Content menu. And- Having Said That, I even then use Daz Studio's nice Point Lights to add highlights on metal, etc., or throw in another DS Distant Light to brighten up the overall scene in one single shot. I can then use that SINGLE LIGHT as an overall MASTER LIGHT to brighten or dim-down the scene for a final render. So for me, the Poser Lights and DS lights can be used together for great lighting effects and controls. I am extremely happy with this lighting scenerio- just would like to be able to SELECT a light in the camera view and move it around with the mouse. This would be IDEAL!