Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: +++ DG#059 +++ Poser's Lighting +++ Page 1...............

geep opened this issue on Jan 15, 2004 ยท 150 posts

Riddokun posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 7:24 PM

about the too many specular highlights on the globe surface: (bip77) I thought (may i am be wrong) that, aside from removing the guidelins of spot/lights from main display windows, unchecking the "visible" option box of alight would prevent it's highlight/specular to render on a surface. BTW it you are rendering eyes, the better thing to do is to REMOVE the highlights at all first for your render, then make a second render with only one spotlighty of the same direction than your previous main light and avtivate again the highlights on the eye, and cut/past the eyes on your old picture or something like that. Better way is to make instead a reflection map with only a small highlight part, and not using material highlight color at all. most eyes props feature a second outer sphere bigger than the one holding irises/pupils/eyewhites materials that you can set in material room to have reflexions and highlights of your choice. of course you could also texture this outer sphere with a bogus fake highlight texture with all non white parts transparents, shown above regular iris... hope it helps you, bip77 If you foreplann well you may not need postwork at all. merely a cutpasting of previous eyes. You can also turn all your document/scene to silouhette texture, with same color for items and background, and set eyeprops element style to textured r flat, with highlights ! and layer this on top of your picture. I don't call it postwork. anyway highlights and reflections are not very easy to handle and often gives out a poo result if you want to stick to raw render and postworkless pictures (some sites requires it as a challenge to post pictures); in this case, the thing i recommended (bogus drawn fake highlight texure, transparent, on second outter sphere of eye prop) should work) for other things than eyes, though i guess doc is right, it will be difficult (unless the "visible" checkbox really works the way i think)