Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Stripping a *.cr2?

Tintifax opened this issue on Jan 19, 2004 ยท 27 posts

maclean posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 4:20 PM

I just found this post after answering walter's original post in the Product Showcase. Anyway, I did address some of his questions, but here's more. I wouldn't remove unwanted channels like rotate, scale, whatever. I wopuld either hide them or set limits so they can't be accidentally used. You never know when a user will want to use them, so it's better to leave them. The file size gains are minimal compared with the hassle of putting them back into a figure. Here's what to do. (also see the other post for info on rotation order) Suppose you want your columns to rotate on the Y-axis only. In poser, select a body part and double-click the Xrot dial. In the dialog box that opens, set Min & Max limits to zero. Do this for both X and Z rot for each body part. Then open the cr2 (see my other post for the addy of John Stalling's cr2Editor). Find each body part, and open the X and Z rot channels. Change the line 'force limits 0' to 'force limits 4' Do this for each body part, both Z and Z rot channels, then resave it. Now you'll be able to rotate the column on it's Y-axis, but NOT X or Z. In addition, the tools will only affect the Y-axis. BUT..... if you double-click the Xrot dial and enter new limits, you'll be able to use rotation on them. This gives you the best of both worlds. The user can't rotate them accidentally, but CAN have the option to do it, if necessary. I have to disagree with Ajax about not deleting the jointX/smooth channels (despite my huge respect for him). They're no damn use to you. If you figure isn't human, they serve no function whatsoever. Dump them. One other thing. NEVER remove the Offset channels. They are 1000% necessary!! (Unless you're using a dunmmy body part or something). mac