Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: +++ DG#060 +++ Fine Tuning Spotlights +++ Page 1 ...

geep opened this issue on Jan 18, 2004 ยท 96 posts

Riddokun posted Mon, 19 January 2004 at 7:22 PM

want a good news , geep ? i guess i believe i understood the angle start/end thing... (btw you explainign it to me and me understanding it finally, damn lazybrained boy i am, only manage to... rise new questions :) but i'll wait a bit before askign them (maybe i can push myself and answer them alone...) idea foer beginners (like me): could it be possible to create some kind of visual guide for light coners, with transparent cone props, parented to the spot ? I thought about it, but i do not see in the primitive cone settings a way to control angle, and my maths are rusted (10 years without practicing) so i need the formula to calculate the angle of a cone with it's base radius/size and its length. (and sure here your dr geep scale will eb handy !) hey, maybe it could be possible to make a python script or something, that can create a transparent cone prop parented to the spotlight and that would change according to angle start or end (one cone for each ?) dial of spot. i dunno if it is really an interesting idea at all or technically possible to do, but it could even be used (with transparency fallof and such) to "simulate" visible light ray in poser (yet it was one kind of question i wanted to ask: how to fake the light of the spot as visible into a render, see like if you have a projector/lightbulb in your scene or furniture, and want it to show brigther in the render. in fact it wouldbe a problem: simulate the light of anitem that is supposed to cast light. i mean take a lightbulb on a bed table. how can you have the scene to looks like it was lighted by the bulb ? means it would need countless of little spots in every directions ? or anything ? I know real 3d/raytrace softwares would be better for such task, but, in theory, could it be possible to do and how to try ? ... poor geep, he met the most damn annoying student ever :) sorry to put strain on you...