Forum: Bryce

Subject: Dang Bryce Basher....

ocddoug opened this issue on Jan 20, 2004 ยท 48 posts

rickymaveety posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 9:33 PM

Ooops, you are right, it is 3DS Max. So I'm even less impressed with it. But, if you look at the stuff he has done in Bryce, it looks like there is little or nothing actually modeled in Bryce ... or modeled at all. He seems to mostly stick up 2D images and then render them. Look at "Next Generation" ... there is no feeling of depth. It looks like two planes. I don't think his work is terrible either ... but like I said he's got a long way to go before it's good. And, I don't see any particular skill evidenced in his Bryce works. So, consider the source. I always do exactly what you did ... when someone either gives me effusive praise or a really nasty comment ... and I don't know who they are, I check out their gallery. If they haven't done anything I would give a second look at, then I discount their opinion to a certain extent. (And we all know, I'm not above asking people here if they agree with a comment posted about my work.) On the other hand, if someone whose work I really admire posts a comment that makes me rethink my work or try a different approach to something ... man, that's GOLD!! So, are you impressed with this guy's modeling skills (in any medium) or his Brycing?? If not, then treat his comment as what it is ... the ramblings of an ignorant individual. He'll either come to learn that Bryce is much more than imported pictures ... or he'll remain ignorant. That's his problem, not yours.

Could be worse, could be raining.