Forum: Bryce

Subject: Dang Bryce Basher....

ocddoug opened this issue on Jan 20, 2004 ยท 48 posts

rickymaveety posted Tue, 20 January 2004 at 10:16 PM

Shonner, I completely disagree with you on the issue of postwork making a Bryce render something other than a Bryce render. By using two separate Bryce renders and using them as separate layers in PSP, I saved myself several hundred hours of render time today. Could I have left the image to render in Bryce for several months and had a nice pure Bryce image with the same lighting? Sure, but I would have missed out on the challenge. That said, I don't consider the image a PSP image, because I could not have created it just using PSP. Without Bryce, the image would never have existed. So, I don't think of it as anything but a Bryce image. Going even further, what about materials?? If an object has a material created in PSP or Photoshop, then does it cease to be a Bryce image?? The artist certainly didn't create the picture based material in Bryce ... I remember having this discussion more than once on this forum -- originally taking the position that if it wasn't 100% modeled in Bryce, it wasn't really a Bryce image -- and I came to the conclusion that my view was wrong. Bryce is a tool, not a religion.

Could be worse, could be raining.