Forum: Bryce

Subject: Dang Bryce Basher....

ocddoug opened this issue on Jan 20, 2004 ยท 48 posts

rickymaveety posted Wed, 21 January 2004 at 10:35 AM

Phantast, I think it has some validity if for no other reason than it gives someone learning about the tools an idea about what can and can't be done with any one program. If someone tells me that it's 100% Bryce, then I see how far Bryce can be pushed. If I see that several different programs were used, and I like the effect they produced, then I look into that. Categorization is wonderful when applied as a learning tool. Before computers, it was a no brainer ... no one would try to pass off a piece of sculpture as an oil painting. Today, however, it can be hard to tell a photo from a Bryce render (with some artists) and it's great when they tell you what parts are what. The artwork is much more than the process behind it, but how nice it is when you get a chance to peek at the process and learn something from it. Found something in mixed media today ... Tazzie Trees ... a photographic and Vue composite. I never would have thought about trying something like that, and if it had just been posted as a Vue image, I would have wondered why I wasn't able to get the same results as this artist. (By the way, ocddoug, saw your Ford in there too, love it.) As a matter of fact, I managed to miss that there was a Mixed Media category. I'm going to move a few of my posts over there -- where they should be.

Could be worse, could be raining.