Forum: OT

Subject: OT - Mike Rowe Soft - have you seen this...

SAMS3D opened this issue on Jan 21, 2004 ยท 47 posts

hauksdottir posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 12:07 AM

Microsoft sells web design software... so he was directly competing. Where does he live anyway? Seattle? There are other ways he could have played on his name without running afoul of an established company. The fact that he was so willing to sell the domain to them bolsters my opinion that he is a twit... and not worthy of defense. If he had stood ground and said that's my name and I'm keeping it! I'd have a spot more sympathy. On his own page, though, he never once says that is his real name. "Quantum" means miniscule, but thanks to Neil Armstrong, the public associates quantum leaps with the steps of giants. This guy could have played with "micro" the same way... now that would have been clever. As a wordsmith myself, I see nothing cute or intelligent or clever in what he did... only a rip-off attempt to gain customers and market identification at the expense of others. My opinion of Microsoft is well-known. I hate, fear, and loathe them... however, in this matter they are in the right. Carolly