Forum: Bryce

Subject: I can't take it anymore.. I must say goodbye....

striving opened this issue on Jan 22, 2004 ยท 72 posts

scarp posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 1:38 AM

Ah, too bad you're leaving, I just got here. Don't think about "art" because trying to do so will make you crazy. And worrying what others think "art" is or should be will make you a maniac. I mean, look at Kincade's art. Personally, I dislike the majority of it (is it "art"? Whay not? See what I told you about crazy...) but many, many people put their money on it. So the "Hot 20" is a decent amount of populist art, but some of it is very well done. Bravo for that! I try to make my art for myself. I'm pleased when people look at it and like what I do, and regard all crits as interesting insights into how people perceive what I do. Some of them are helpful, some not. Take what's helpful and let the rest slide. Art is a very personal endeavor, has many interpretations and many, many critics. Think of making what you like. Those who share your vision will see it and appreciate it. And we are all our own very worst critic. So what, do it anyway, show it to see the reactions of people. IM me with your new "home" or any new work you post. I like your stuff. Keep making it.