Forum: Bryce

Subject: Has anyone any tips for this?

TheWanderer opened this issue on Jan 21, 2004 ยท 8 posts

scarp posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 1:55 AM

Wanderer, good advice here. My own suggestions: - A flat is good. In other words, creating a scene that will be a background and rendering it. Import it into a new scene as a picture on a plane, like a stage backdrop. Saves tons of time and memory requirements. Your POV is strictly limited, though, and you can rotate the flats somewhat to be perpindicular to the camera view (am I just repeating what everyone else is saying?). - Consider doing more than one scene. All scenes would have the same basic qualities (i e, light, haze, atmosphere effects, POV) but each would only incorporate one aspect of the image, such as background terrains, middleground and foreground. Render each of these seperately. The nice thing is, if you mess with one aspect of it, you dont have to re-render the whole blasted thing. Composite the three scenes in a paint program. - Use Bryce to capture the essence of the image, then post-work everything that needs detail and crafting. I've seen where the image is rendered completely in white, no textures, then ALL of the textures added in Photoshop (I think reflectives and transparents are the exception). - As for terrains, you can go into the terrain editor and increase the resolution to be huge. It makes the terrain have lots more bumps and crevices, but also increases the file size. - Don't worry about long renders. It's a fact of Brycean life. - Buy more RAM. There is no such thing as "too much RAM"