Forum: Bryce

Subject: I can't take it anymore.. I must say goodbye....

striving opened this issue on Jan 22, 2004 ยท 72 posts

pakled posted Thu, 22 January 2004 at 11:07 AM

hmm..tell me again where 'Hot' has any relation to 'good' art. The 'Hot 20' is a popularity contest, no matter how noble people try to be. That goes for all the packages at 'rosity, not just here. Granted, good art does get put in it, but I think that there's a lot more to 'rosity than just the 'hot 20' (yeah, I've never been in it, in there, or even know how to get there..;)
I've been categorizing my pics from here lately (only 6,000 or so in 2 years, I came here starting in 12/01), and I remember a lot more stuff being 'dupes', or 'near dupes' (a lighting tweak, or just 20 degrees off from the last viewpoint, etc) back then. There was a higher energy level back then, Byce forum daily postings filled a couple pages, Poser was like 4 pages a day.
There were a lot more postings back then, too. I used to go through 30 pages a day, now it's usually 16 or less..I think some of that comes from artists like you and others going for quality, which takes more time. Go, or stay, as you wish, post pics, or not, but don't worry about coming by here and chilling with your homies..;) As long as you make art you're happy with, that's all that matters.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)