Forum: Bryce

Subject: I can't take it anymore.. I must say goodbye....

striving opened this issue on Jan 22, 2004 ยท 72 posts

BOOMER posted Fri, 23 January 2004 at 1:34 AM

Striving...don't go. PLEEEAASSSSEEEE DDDOOOONNNN'''''TTT. hehe Sorry I had to. It seems as though most of us agree with what you have to say and what pisses you off because we get a rise out of it, too. I'm not going to pull any punches here. My personal preference is along the technical and detailed such as those images produced my Mr. Rudy "the eight armed thing" Herczog and Mr. Dodobird. They are amongst my favorite artists. There are a number of other vets and some noobs that have done awesome work such as my Zhann and tjohn and Groin and Humorix and Drac and Flak and so on. We know and they know who they are. I have done some of my own pieces that were OK in my eyes and some that I really felt good about and received that appropriate comments that the image DESERVED. I have never had anyone here blow smoke up my ass and hope it never happens. (gives me gas) The hot 20, well, it does have it's place, sort'a kind'a in its own way. BUT....some of that shit has to go. I mean really now. Some of the comments and rating for some of those images rate them as "excellent" or "great" with comments like "brilliant", "a masterpiece", "WOW!!!", "fantastic work". Give me a friggin break. Kiss my ass with those bullshit comments on that crap they are calling art. Throw a couple of presets in with a preset sky and render it at preset settings and get a lame as preset answer. There are a few images there that TRULY belong there and some that you can wipe your ass with. The "blown out of proportion comments" are made by those of equal or lesser talent. Before anyone says anything, no, I don't have a gallery up because when I look at the art of those I have mentioned and then at mine, I don't think my work belongs next to their work because their work is so much better. The comments are made from people I have never seen or heard of before who just throw empty words of praise out. Try being honest and saying what you really think of it. If it needs work, SAY SO. If it looks plain, say so. Like Striving said, "All real and honest comments have been lost in a sea of "personality contests" and who "likes" who." Not just here, but in other places on this site, also. If you aren't going to be an honest critic, well then, shut the hell up. My apologies if I have offended anyone by being blunt, but sometimes that is the ONLY way to THE point across... John

Because I like to blow $%&# up.

Don't fear the night.  Fear what hunts at night.