Forum: Bryce

Subject: I can't take it anymore.. I must say goodbye....

striving opened this issue on Jan 22, 2004 ยท 72 posts

AgentSmith posted Sat, 24 January 2004 at 4:12 AM

Damn, this isn't right striving. I haven't read through ALL the other posts here but I'll say this; The Hot 20, although kinda a cool kick if you get a pic in there, definetely has the other side to it. It's not always a fair game, and trust me, we (the Bryce gallery) have had it better than the Poser gallery has in the past. Bottom line, enjoy it if you get a pic up there, but better to nearly ignore it if you don't. Yes, tough to do, I realize but that's what it can come down to. No system is perfect, and the Hot 20 voting system certainly isn't. The Hot 20 IS a popularity contest (in a fair/good sense of the word), meaning the really good art should be up there, and it IS...yet the Hot 20 IS a popularity contest (in the unfair/bad sense of the word). And, we all know how those can go since being a little kids in school... I respect the fact(s) why you are upset, I can see (and have seen) how they have affected members before. Yet, if you could only understand how little of a thing the Hot 20 really is in the broader scope that is this site, and how little it TRULY matters to the larger picture of the appreciation of the art at this site. Really only a few members I have on my Fave Artists list make it to the Hot 20 consistently, and those few that do, do so because they really are talented. The majority of pics that are up there deserve to be. There will almost always be a small number of pics in the Hot20 that you will totally not agree with them being there. The hard part can be to understand that the Hot20 is not the last statement in the best art. It's up to each individual to decide that for themselves. Don't use the Hot20 for THE barometer of Renderosity. And, stay with us. I hope you can, or at least can come back soon. Seriously. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"