Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: SR4 due out in January/February

judith opened this issue on Dec 17, 2003 ยท 73 posts

ynsaen posted Wed, 28 January 2004 at 6:22 PM

I'd already seen that tutorial, and I'd like to note that part of it involves making a change to the object file -- IE changing the object's contruction. Those letters actually change the way the object is "created" -- which is why the results of the export are both Huge (it's forcing a change to a standard polygon, which the hair is not properly composed of) and rather ugly (by forcing the change, one creates all sorts of nasty little new things in there). Body Studio does translate dynamic hair -- something that was made clear at the CL site from the very start was that P5 would include Plug-ins for export of the newer features. Vue also can translate dynamic hair (and via a much better job than that tutorial), although it does require some hoop jumping. As for organizing the models as per the previous post -- in order for that to happen, there would need to be a set and establised method for marking not only what a figure was, but also what went to that figure -- which would be fine going forward if the spec is made clearly available, but will still leave you with a gazillion odd folders from what you currently have to mess around with. Which leads me to something I've rolled around in my head regarding this: perhaps a database style CMS would be useful for poser -- although it would require several more steps in the install process when adding new third party content (I'm not foolish enough to ask a company to support something they didn't create). Something like, for example, the way that Outlook handles data types. (now don't shoot me for that, all, Outlooks data system is pretty darn good. It's the rest of the proggy that drives ya bonkers, lol)

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)