Forum: Bryce

Subject: Too much freebies

bazze opened this issue on Jan 29, 2004 ยท 67 posts

catlin_mc posted Thu, 29 January 2004 at 6:41 AM

This topic comes up again and again and the thing that gets me is that we are creating scenes from the objects we use and where they come from should not matter because you can give many people the same mesh to work with and you will not get two images alike. As I said in a previous thread I make art not art programs, also I'm not good at modelling outside of Bryce, so what you are telling me is that if I can't make my own model for a scene then I should be limited in my ideas to what I can produce in Bryce. Another point, about using Poser figures, do you think that posing a figure is something that can be done in seconds and that has no merit in and of itself? I can spend a couple of days on a Poser figure, getting the pose right, before I export it to use in Bryce. It takes skill to pose figures, create morphs for them, and set them up with clothes that fit, where body parts don't poke through. Then there is all the time it takes to set them up in Bryce, ie. textures, placement, size, etc. The main point about CG art is, as with all other forms of art, it does not matter how you get the image to a finished state or what is used in that process, what does matter is how good is the composition, the coloration, the lighting, the pov, and everything else that goes into making an image a work of art. My 0.02p worth. Catlin I want to be creative artist, not a programmer.