Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Attention all Poser forum members

Spike opened this issue on Jan 28, 2004 ยท 167 posts

ynsaen posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 1:49 AM

hey now, I'm just passing through, ya'll, and dropping a few choice words. In a different forum here on this very site, I'm arguing for this sort of action to be taken. This exact sort of action, this babysitting type of thing to keep all the ugly noise and malcontent abuse at bay. It involves that wonderful subject that so many are passionate about. Now for the kicker: I believe that this policy, if enforced robotically, is wrong as all hell, although I do understand the impetous for it. Ok, so this is what they are going to do. This is what they base it on. Sounds good to me. As noted wonderfully in prior posts, 'rosity can do whatever the hell it wants to do because they own it, and no amount of agreement or diagreement is gonna change it as long as 'rosity is still the largest available market for poser products around -- something that we all made it. My question -- the answer for which only time will show -- is the manner of enforcement. I'm a bit realistic -- I don't expect them to let folks that piss them off keep posting. They might even give ole ironbear a bit o the swat (though I recall the last time that didn't work out too well...). But, as noted as well, things will keep on going pretty much the way it has been. Folks like Legume (who I miss as well) will still get booted, and there will still be small flamewars filled with all sorts of vehemence. But maybe, just maybe, this is a step in the direction that a lot folks have been begging for -- making this forum one that's a little more focused on the friendly stuff, and a lot less on calling a fuckwit a fuckit jus' cause they disagree wit' ya... (and then again, maybe it is an attempt to youthen the membership from folks that's been around a bit to the newer ones and the more apathetic ones in order to increase the number of overall sales...)

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)