Forum: Bryce

Subject: Too much freebies

bazze opened this issue on Jan 29, 2004 ยท 67 posts

tjohn posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 2:35 AM

Play-by-play Guy: It's a wonderful day for painting and it looks like Picasso is raring to go! You can tell by the look on his face that he really came to paint today! Color Commentator: Yep, he's got a 17 by 24 canvas all gessoed and ready, and his pallette is all laid out with an interesting array of primary colors. PbpG:He's reaching for a #5 Grimaldi charcoal and he's starting his sketch...it's a circular object, maybe the sun, or a ball... CC:It's definitely the sun, Bob, because now he's laying in the land below, so it's a landscape! It's a landscape! PbpG: And the crowd goes wild! CC: This looks like it could be one of Picasso's best! Now he's picking up a #37 hard bristle brush and dipping it in yellow ochre...and he makes his first stroke of paint on the canvas! PbpG: An interesting choice, Ray, and there's a bit of murmuring in the crowd. Picasso's choice of brush here has them confused... CC: It shouldn't be that big a surprise, Bob, Picasso is known to use a hard bristle to block in the main shapes...oh, no, he's fallen over! PbpG: He seems to have fallen asleep, Ray, well let's break away for commercial, and we will bring you right back to the action as soon as anything happens!

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy