Forum: Bryce

Subject: Too much freebies

bazze opened this issue on Jan 29, 2004 ยท 67 posts

rickymaveety posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 1:39 PM

Bazze ... part of the problem is the way your first post was worded. You said that even if it was "great" you would not vote for "A". I can see that if you have two images that are just "nice renders" and one is otherwise more creative than the other, or shows more modeling skill than the other, that additional creativity and skill should get B the vote over A. But if A were a "great" image ... then I personally think that there has to be some reason it would be considered great ... whether it's the lighting or the composition ... and whatever makes it great should be judged on it's own merits and not be brought down by the fact that it's 95% freebies. The jumping off point for most people, including me, was that statement ... not being twisted in the least. You said you would not vote for a great image that was mostly freebies. I understand that this is your personal opinion, but you asked for people's comments, and as noted above, it strikes me as a very bad way to go about judging a piece of work.

Could be worse, could be raining.