Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Splitting vertices for a base OBJ and morphs possible??

kuroyume0161 opened this issue on Feb 02, 2004 ยท 9 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 9:25 AM

I have UVMapper Pro. My modelling app is Cinema 4D. No problems with it reordering vertices on exporting the original geometries. I have considered the idea of importing the "split vertices" OBJ base into Cinema and reapplying the morphs to it there, then exporting all of this geometry. If all else fails, this should work, but it will be time consuming to recreate some of the morphs (some of which involved point-level manipulation). There is also the possibility of doing the splitting on the original geometries within Cinema as long as there is a method to do it in Cinema. The concern with your method, EnglishBob, is that it is not ensured that splitting the vertices on the morphs will result in the same number of vertices for each as well as the base so that reordering can be done faithfully (as voiced by Anton). These morphs are extreme. Nonetheless, I would rather try this than the first mentioned alternative. After three months of work on the various parts of this project, I do not look forward to this. Just think, I am now just moving everything into Poser...

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone