Forum: Photography

Subject: Ramblings And Deep Thoughts From The Moody Moderator

Michelle A. opened this issue on Feb 02, 2004 ยท 25 posts

zhounder posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 8:55 PM

Michelle, My favorite little Moody Moderator. I feel those feelings everyday. I think my work of late is crap too. How many images have y'all seen since I got the D100? I can count them on one hand. How many have I taken? Over 2000 in 6 weeks. I shoot whatever I can. I even shoot my patients to let them see what they look like with new glasses. They can't see when they take theirs off so I shoot them and show them. I walk the wintery woods and I see a beautiful fox. A huge fox! I am so slow I can't even get the camera out of my coat fast enough to try to get a shot. What kind of shooter is that slow!? But even if I do suck and my work sucks and my job sucks and my boss sucks and ... I have to shoot. That feeling I get when I press that button... That trepidation of "will this be 'THE' shot? Did I catch the moment? Did I capture the feeling I saw, felt? Why do I do this slow torture of myself? Because I love to shoot. I simply love to have the camera in front of my eye. I have 3 days worth of shots in my camera. Perhaps I should upload them and actually see what I have. One last thing... The community, forum, place... This place is home. I feel safer here than I do anywhere. I can come here and forget the world. I can come here and see what I could be, what I might do, what I have done. I can come here and be with friends. I can come here and look at your gallery (which I have done many times) and say, "someday I will be that good." Keep shooting our little Michelle. Keep posting too. I look when I post, I look for those comments that mean the most to me. I look for comments from you. Magick Michael