Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Splitting vertices for a base OBJ and morphs possible??

kuroyume0161 opened this issue on Feb 02, 2004 ยท 9 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 11:19 PM

The one reason that I didn't do this to the base model prior to making morphs was that I wasn't quite sure if it would be an issue and didn't know of how to do it in C4D anyway. By the huge response to my question about this in the C4D forum here (sarcasm), it is quite possible that it cannot be done easily in C4D. Most of the sharp edging and edge smoothing in C4D is done using Phong tags and edge breaks. Edge breaks, new in 8.2, don't create new vertices. So, I'm going the long route: splitting vertices in UVMapper Pro, importing OBJ back into C4D, and redoing the morphs based on this geometry. One good thing to come out of this, though, is that I have decided to use bones for adding curvature instead of using morphs (which distort the geometry in general and other morphs specifically). This has the advantage of removing about 20 morphs as unnecessary and will remove the need for "fix" morphs when curvature is added. The disadvantage is that I've not done rigging in Poser and know that it is an unforgiving, arduous process. Thanks for your help and expect more questions, especially related to the Poser rigging process. :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone