Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poll: What system do you run your poser on?

MistDragon opened this issue on Feb 04, 2004 ยท 43 posts

MistDragon posted Wed, 04 February 2004 at 2:19 PM

hmm .. okay well my system is about 6 months old, and in order or render anything, I have to take the side off and run a household fan into it or, I'll overheat and shut down. When I try to render say, Daz's Aspen, English Ivy or my newly acquired Miss April (esentially the only textures I have, LOL) it will hang, and not render. I've left it for hours to see what would happen, and it still didn't render it. If I take the texture down to around 1500 x 1500 pixels, it will often render, but I'll lose a lot of detailing. It's really frustrating! Someone here suggested upgrading to WinXP, which I will likely do as well, once I get all my files backed up onto CD. Oh, and also, I'm only using Poser 4, with pro pack installed. I have the latest service packs installed as well. I'm currently running Windows 98SE. I find if I shut down the computer and reboot it without anything running in the background, I have about a 50% chance of a render going through. I'm also virus free (updated often, scanned daily, and shielded) so I don't think that's it.

MISTDRAGON