Forum: OT

Subject: Art is in the eye of the creator. (an open letter to critics)

voodoomessiah opened this issue on Feb 06, 2004 ยท 59 posts

Argon18 posted Fri, 06 February 2004 at 4:13 PM

Actually it was both, proving a point that it doesn't have to be nudity or someone that is just starting out using Poser to be able to have the same things wrong with it you mentioned. If you look you'll find all those things I mentioned in your pic. My problem was that aabrownjr was spamming the same comment in at least 4 different pics, so how was his personal taste relevant to them? At least my critique was about your pic. There is usually a learning curve in everyone's experience with art, they start out working on some aspects and move through others as they evolve. You see a lot of the same motifs and ppl use a lot of the same models because they're available for Poser. I noticed you using the Micheal figure that eveyone uses it's what they do with it that counts. I've seen those wings used in a whole lot of pics also, does that really detract from the pic? My own experience is to try to mention things I like about the pic and if there are some things that could be improved then give some solutions that might fix whatever probs there are with it. What does "shelooks like an inflatable ready to get on the job" help to make the pic better?

Click to get a printed and bound copy plus T-shirts, mugs and hats