Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So How do you explain what we do in Poser to Muggles?

PheonixRising opened this issue on Feb 09, 2004 ยท 52 posts

Treewarden posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 7:41 AM

I agree with ockham. I work with experienced traditional designers and artists, whom you would assume that they would have some grasp of 3D, and I get blank stares from them. They see a render and ask, did you draw this? I say well I posed the 3d model, they say, who did it? I say it's a industry standard 3d model. I'll say there's some models I made and some models I got from others (freestuff). They say oh, so it's a collaboration? Is there anything photographic about this? I say no. I have even lugged my computer to work and demonstrated Poser as a 3d program. They cannot at all understand 3d even if it's in front of them. They think only 2d, if that's what they see. They don't seem to know I can take an image, reposition the camera, move objects around, and rerender. They think the view I show them is already in the computer somehow. I like your way of explaining it, Anton. I think I am going to arm myself with a sketch pad with some real drawings I've done just to show the slack jawed gawkers, then I'll use that first explanation you have there to let them know that 3d for me is a way out of spending weeks on a drawing or painting.