Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So How do you explain what we do in Poser to Muggles?

PheonixRising opened this issue on Feb 09, 2004 ยท 52 posts

Riddokun posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 10:41 AM

well uyes i cannot spend ONE week without hearing such problem.. often people ask me if i MAKE the 3d items/models in my picture... it seems that in the subconscious of people, the only merit and worth in digital/3d art is for people who model the polygons and shape them into something. I admit it is one of the hardest job, at first, and especially for "complex" items required for poser (means posable characters with bones, joints, etc, or conforming clothes) that is even harder than static 3d items. But as i say, many mdoellists would not really be able to produce anything aside raw wip renders of their incredible creations. And i usually say that if one believe you just need 3d models and hit render button to achieve the result they saw, then they are WRONG ! poser especially, requires you to struggle against a strange lighting system, also learn some morphing with magnets (for fixing up ), colors, , reflections ejoint param, etc... skills required to improve or simply make a decent render or picture is insane, and i do not even mention postwork. then when i step on people like that i say to them: hey, this nice female model you saw on a add, did you see her in private or withotu make up or something, or at tv ? she does not look as pretty. This is the work of the photograph (and most of the time the postworked too :); though, the photograph did NOT make the girl himself (means he did not gave birth to her and such...) nor did he "DESIGN" his camera and know how it works. these are only tools. My own luck is because i sometimes makes my own textures, and my secodn luck is that i often use cartoon mode, which hides most of the 3d thign at first and i improve it beyond recognition compared to "out of poser box" cartoon mode... (so in cartoon mode i even cannot claim on textures, i uses none or very few) but YEs, it is always hard to explain peopel that NO you did not make the polygon items, NO you did not made the photorealistic textures, no not the cloths or the room and NO, you did not even made yourself the lighting (using one's lightset)... often it is hard to explain then. Best way is to load the whole PZ3, make a raw render, and show both the render and your picture to the person... he SHOULD understand then that there is somethign missing :)