Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So How do you explain what we do in Poser to Muggles?

PheonixRising opened this issue on Feb 09, 2004 ยท 52 posts

xoconostle posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 3:58 PM

"Brian Eno used to say he was an accountant if anybody asked what he did. Nobody asks for further details that way." He must have started using that line when he learned that his former response, "Well, I'm not a musician," was invariably met with a barrage of incredulous questions. :-) "Brian Eno is a knob turner blah." Actually, he's a brilliant out of the box thinker whose ideas and work had an immense influence on 20th Century (and beyond) aesthetics. It's the music he made after Roxy that matters, and moreover, the approachto and philosophy of the music-making, which relates very much to the Poser world. That is, "you don't have to be an artist to make good art." Isn't that what Poser helps to enable for many? ;-) I find the question Anton raises somewhat difficult to answer, so I basically just say "I do computer-aided illustration as a hobby, using a program called Poser that specializes in figurative rendering, one one called Vue d'Esprit that makes beautiful landscapes." "Computer-aided" gets me into trouble, though. People then say "Oh, CAD!," meaning engineering-related tasks. :-) My friends who are successful working artists in the gallery/museum circuit don't take my Poser habit seriously at all, they just change the subject if I bring it up. Real nice, huh? :-