Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So How do you explain what we do in Poser to Muggles?

PheonixRising opened this issue on Feb 09, 2004 ยท 52 posts

FishNose posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 5:29 PM

When Muggles see my gallery here at Rosity, they go 'Gee wow, how do you DO that!!!???' And I kind of try to explain how it's a 3D model that you can walk around behind, so it's there from all angles, not just flat like on a piece of paper. And they look all blank and I say, 'Well it's a lot of work with lights and stuff' and they're happy with that. Sort of like trying to understand how a magician does his stuff I guess. Like the man says, 'Let them keep guessing'. That's fine by me lol. It's the same when I work with animation in Director (what I do for a living) or compose music on the computer (also do that for a living). I can lay a whole soundtrack for a short movie in a few days - and the customer loves it. And they go 'How do you DO that!' and I just laugh. They don't actually expect an intelligible answer. I mean, the fact that I can do it is what sets me apart from them - it's what gives me the opportunity to make a living from it. So a little guessing is a good thing! :] Fish