Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: So How do you explain what we do in Poser to Muggles?

PheonixRising opened this issue on Feb 09, 2004 ยท 52 posts

cyberscape posted Mon, 09 February 2004 at 8:39 PM

I aquired Poser 4 in a rather unique way. A good (and rather rich) friend of mine needed some electric wiring done in his basement. I, being an electrician, helped him out. Since he's a friend I told him just to pay for materials - the labor is free. He wanted to argue about paying me but, finally gave up. A few weeks later I saw him at a local bar and he handed me a software box (Poser 4 still in shrinkwrap). It was his way of thanks for the work I did and he knew about my interest in 3D. Needless to say, I don't get blank stares from him when I babble about it. As for the "muggles" I meet, most of them are graphic designers of some sort, so the blank stares are usually rare for me. My Dad was a different story. He's 70 and is a master of MS Excel. Therefore, he swore up and down that my renders were cut/paste jobs in APS. I finally made a small video of Victoria switching through all of the display styles while the camera did a 360 degree pan around her. This seemed to settle his curiousity. Seeing people as parts - yep, I do that now. It drives my friends nuts when I see a beautiful woman and say "Man, she'd make a really good V3 morph!" It doesn't work too well as a pick-up line though :) For those who don't know Brian Eno, check out the song "Under" on the Cool World soundtrack. Good stuff! And totally off-topic - check out VNV Nation... VERY talented knob twisters!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

AMD FX-9590 4.7ghz 8-core, 32gb of RAM, Win7 64bit, nVidia GeForce GTX 760

PoserPro2012, Photoshop CS4 and Magix Music Maker

--------------------------------------------------------------

...and when the day is dawning...I have to say goodbye...a last look back into...your broken eyes.