Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Boning a single mesh (no parts) Poser figure?

kuroyume0161 opened this issue on Feb 08, 2004 ยท 21 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 9:53 AM

Same here. Spent the day doing trials to see what could be worked out. Interestingly, I went back to the bones being at the same level in the hierarchy: 1 Base xyz ...2 Bend1 xyz ...2 Bend2 xyz ...2 Bend3 xyz This is how Ms. Render accomplished her "Flubber" figure with one mesh and bones to move legs, arms, and head. But these bones are not interdependent as mine should be. I have added the "poser bone" polygons to the mesh (this is still the "test" mesh cylinder divided into 8 height segments) and have created the figure using PhiBuilder. Because PhiBuilder doesn't specify JPs, the Setup room is then used to set them correctly (although not necessary, it at least gives visual feedback on the bones). This actually works except for some weird anomaly with the last bone being rotated (but not the mesh) by the other bones. When that last bone is rotated, it has been so distorted and rotated that it causes major distortions when it is rotated to deform the mesh. I have scoured the CR2 file and found nothing to indicate why this happens. A possible solution to this, untried, may be to add a "dummy" bone as the last one, outside of the base mesh with JPs set to avoid deforming it. This dummy bone can then be rotated to heck by the other bones' weird behavior and have no influence on the mesh. Will let you know the results.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone