Forum: Poser Technical

Subject: Boning a single mesh (no parts) Poser figure?

kuroyume0161 opened this issue on Feb 08, 2004 ยท 21 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Tue, 10 February 2004 at 2:17 PM

Okay, found the reason for the anomaly. Simplistic, if not diabolical (muyahahahaha, emmm). The entire reason that that last bone gets rotated by the others is that one point of the polygon (triangle) coincides with a point on the base mesh. During weld of the figure (when loaded as a Figure), I suspect, these two points are merged. By moving that point off of the base mesh, the problem disappeared; no need for a "dummy bone" in the process. Under extreme settings, the mesh does get disfigured, but the expected settings are like 5 degrees or less which allows for mimicking of the real thing with minimal distortion. Finally on my way to completing this confounded project! If you're out there monitoring this, Thank You Very Much, Ms. BL Render for this workaround that allows bone deformation on a mesh without dividing it into parts so that it can take full morphs!! :0) Kuroyume (signing off for now)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone