Forum: MarketPlace Showcase

Subject: Cat suit for AnimeDoll and MayaDoll in the works

insomniaworks opened this issue on Jan 21, 2004 ยท 419 posts

insomniaworks posted Mon, 16 February 2004 at 3:09 PM

Okay, some update news, just talked to shadownet and he tested this in poser 4 with the latest service release and he said there were no problems as Shenshi is complaining of, I think she will do fine also when she adds on her service release. As for pokethrus, I am looking onto not delaying the release, but maybe putting a upgrade cr2 for the catsuit into the freebee package. I would like to point something out...just as ynwaen said, I am in a sense trying to make this do what the model was never intended to do. From the start of my short carrer, I have been trying to do a better job and correct every flaw that I am used to in other products. These flaws are not really flaws at all really! I had to become a modeler to learn this. These are the limits of the posers ability. Now understand when you make a peice of clothing in a modeler software and get the groups as exactly as you can where they should be and use a an original animedoll cr2, what could go wrong??? In theory it should work perfect every time. But it don't, there are so many variables you can't immagine. This is because you can not make two different geometries work exactly the same way no matter how hard you try. Now that we face the awful truth that it is impossible, we then say to ourselves, how can we beat the system. I have a few methods of doing this, beating the system as it were. I will only mention one method and that is adding in JCM morphs to correct variences between animedoll and the clothing she is wearing. Okay, now what is wrong with that you might ask, what is wrong with making enough Joint Controll Morphs to adjust for every possible poke thru? The answer to that question is memory. Every time I add another JCM, the size of the cr2 increases and the outfit takes longer to load up. Also, keep in mind that many pokethrus are actually happening when the vertices in the figure the clothing is fitting begin fold. What I mean is, take animedoll for instance and move one of her joints into an extreeme range - (with the underarms you don't even have to adjust to extreme-this is a real problem spot-just move her arm down close to her side)...then look at the folding in charactor geometry. The geometry of the model will begin to fold up, there is no way of fitting perfectly when this happens. wow, I am out of breath now, lol, marty