Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Saving Props parented to Figure into Library

kuroyume0161 opened this issue on Feb 18, 2004 ยท 8 posts

kuroyume0161 posted Wed, 18 February 2004 at 5:10 PM

You misunderstand. "Composite Figure" means, in this case, a major parent figure with figures as children, the children figures having props and figures as children. That is a "Composite figure". I'm not replacing body parts. All of the figures and props ARE body parts (in a sense). This is not a one geometry pony. This is a composite figure composed of figures and props - for a very good reason. What I did to the "props" was import, save as prop, and then externalize the geometry (the .obj already existed) by editing the PP2 file. But instead of using "objFileGeom", I mistakenly used "figureResFile". That has been corrected. All done. I understand enough about CR2 and PP2 files, just forgot about the difference in geometry referencing between figures and props. Hell, I've been working nonstop for two weeks (200 hours at least). Bound to forget or make a mistake on occassion. ;)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone