Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Religious Pics In Poser Gallery

timefighter opened this issue on Feb 17, 2004 ยท 182 posts

MachineClaw posted Thu, 19 February 2004 at 12:32 PM

I personally do not come to Rendersoity to view religious or spiritual works of art. That's why I like the catagory section I can look at what I want to look at. There is a TOS and a set of standards that we all agree to when we sign up here, guidlines rules that need to be enforced. The Off Topic forum would be a place to hold religious discussions, not the Poser Forum. I do not come to the Rend Poser Forum to see or read about someone elses spiritual beliefs or be force feed how I should feel, or that I'm wrong, that is not my purpose in coming to the Forums, nor is the forums purpose. I like religious art works, and the image in question was well done, it would have been nice to know what programs were used to create it or about the items used, but thats not a big deal it's art to me don't absolutly need to know. I'm not Christian, I love the work of DeVinchi, Michealanlo, Bernini and the great masters. There is a uneven distribution of how rules are inforced or what and how we as site members should act when the 'rules' change, or we are not told what the rules are. When we do get guidelines someone comes along and violates those rules or guidelines yet others get in trouble for similar infractions. I have a problem with this. We as members also have no way to clean up our acts and fly right as the TOS keeps a on your permenant record of infractions, 3 strikes your out approach. Part of the TOS is that attacks or revenge posts are a violation. I get offended when someone throws their religion in my face and tells me my beliefs are wrong. I'm made to feel less than and apart when I have not done a thing and that hurts, yet nothing gets done about this kind of violation at all. words can kill. I come to software forums to learn about the software and tips tricks new developments and sometimes see someones art work. Latly there are those that try or do it unintentionally and the forum goes completly off topic out on a limb and guns are blazing where words fly as shrapnel inflicking wounds. I'm glad that there are places and we all have a part where we can go and discuss and feel free to express our selves, I don't go where I don't want to see things, and I certainly don't want to see some things in th poser forum. in a seperate gallery, in a seperate forum, I do not have to go there I can express my free will by not participating in those things and enjoy the places that I do want to go. With all that is going on in Poserland, this certainly is the last subject that I wanted to deal with, read about or partake in here in the Poser forum. I'm sorry if my comments have offended anyone, or my posts have hurt you or made anybody have to defend thier beliefs, certainly was not intentional on my part. However when a gun is pointed at me I defend my self and my rights and beliefs, just didn't think I'd have to do that in a software forum, and it saddens me.