Forum: Photography

Subject: Your point of view

BruB opened this issue on Feb 20, 2004 ยท 5 posts

Nilla posted Fri, 20 February 2004 at 9:09 PM

BruB, I am not sure, don't really know anything about the X700. Seems like a nice little package. (I don't care for teleconverters though). OK now I am going to tell you what I told my son who liked taking pix with my little digital cam. If you are thinking on getting a 35mm, I think in the end you would be much happier with something that isn't totally automatic. You will learn more from a manual camera if you are seriously a photographer ot just a hobbyist. I like having total control over my aperature, shutter speed and focus. You can do creative things with a manual camera IMHO. Even a cam that has an auto aperature like the Cannon AE1. I am not sure where you are located, but I tend to haunt pawn shops and ebay looking for old 35mm cameras as they don't charge a lot for them there. And worse case scenario you could wind up with something Like my minolta SRT201 that needs a total overhaul, which I am having done right now, for about $150. I bought my Canon AE1 at a Pawn shop and paid about $40 for it, she works beautifully and has produced many wonderful images. If you were to pick up something like this, you can always buy manuals online if one isn't included. But if the price is right (without knowing it is a hard call) I personally would buy that set up and maybe look for a manual cam as well. Just me though. Brenda :)