Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free prop posted

cal opened this issue on Sep 14, 2000 ยท 13 posts

TheWolfWithin posted Fri, 15 September 2000 at 12:59 PM

all of us have spent several hours slaving over a prop, texture, or some other item for Poser......sweating whether or not we'll have it done in time to post to FreeStuff before the sun breaks the horizon, or in enough time to get at least 4 hours of sleep before work......but, i imagine there comes that one moment in time, after doing this more times than one cares to discuss, that one has to take a step back, and wonder if perhaps it wouldn't be fair to at least make a $5 bill off of a compilation CD featuring all of one's Poser treasures........don't misunderstand, i'm one of the biggest advocates of free resources once you've paid a hefty price for a program, but there's a great mass of talent here at Renderosity, and there are those who deserve a buck or two.....and if even part of the money keeps this site intact, then i can say only one thing.......CH-CHINGGGG!!!!!........keeping up all of the forums, plus the FreeStuff and the Store, can't be easy by any means, so if some of the money makes it into those pockets, then so be it.........we should pose (no pun) this question to ourselves....How long would I run a site of Renderosity's magnitude with no financial help to keep up maintainence and have some small reward for myself?????? yes, there's a certain gratification to doing something for love of that particular thing, but gratification doesn't pay the bills, sparky........and that's all i have to say about that........