Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P5 SR4 Doubles Launch Time - Help!

Terry Mitchell opened this issue on Feb 25, 2004 ยท 21 posts

Terry Mitchell posted Thu, 26 February 2004 at 3:28 PM

Getting back on topic of this thread, Curious Labs responded to my email regarding the load-time problem with SR4 (yes, they ARE responsive), but unfortunately the only fix seems to be to uninstall and re-install Poser 5 then apply the SR4 patch. This sends chills up my spine because the last time I did this it took several days worth of work to retune my zillion gigs of Poser files and tweaks to the my preferred version of "original" condition (also caused problems from registration and serial number hassles, given that my P5 was an upgrade from PPP, which was an upgrade from Poser 4). Sigh... Before I take the plunge, has anyone successfully managed to install Poser 5 over itself then apply just the latest patch? Might this work, or might it "inherit" problem files that the re-install would have eliminated?

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives