Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: To those without problems

Ultrop opened this issue on Feb 25, 2004 ยท 27 posts

ynsaen posted Fri, 27 February 2004 at 3:17 AM

Ok, sorry for the delay Ultrop -- been busy as all get out. The file extension is *.tmp, and it can float around in the runtime depending on where Poser sorta settles, but it sounds like you got them. As noted earlier, if you have a collision with a moving object during a dynamic calculation, you can tear the geom of the object apart and also totally skew the anim -- I've locked it before myself doing that. Next suggestion would be to make sure you have acceptable memory for the option -- the largest anim chunk I can render at this time with my current settings is around 800 frames, but I rarely do more than about 350 (I even plan my shots around it). Sandoppe -- fantastic observation on your part, lol. I've been doing this a long while, and my experience has been that you never treat a workstation like a server, or a server like a workstation, lol. And partitioning on workstations is always more stable. Plus the added benefit of rapid changeover and mutliple configs. Dates back to Unix and FreeBSD for me. And it works awesome on BeOS 4 and 5, too, as well as, um (dare I say it? yes!) O/S2 Warp! Bobbi -- actually, a lot of pros rarely defrag their drives, especially if they deal with multimedia files. And I should note that's a "rarely", and not a "never", despite his method of putting it, lol. The catch is that they also never move things: anything that changes is always in one spot, like my method of having all my swap files, temp files, and other detrius in a single location, and all my resources in another. I'm a pro, and I defrag anything that changes religiously. I don't need to defrag my resources often because the files aren't fragmenting. While it's strictly a guess, I'll bet he has a large area that all his work is done in, and that when he's done, he cleans it up very nicely... Silke - XP and 2K are the same underlying kernal and core aspects -- they are equally stable in that regard, and if it works, there is no reason to change. My last big task before I sold out was a 430 unit changeover from a mixed Unix/95/98/Mac group to a solid 2k pro/server combo, and despite not wanting to, I had to set up AD, as well. I feel for ya. Oh yeah, I feel for you hard! (although if you can, get them to go 2k3 on the servers. Won't do squat for them, truly, but boy, will it make your life easier!)

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)