Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: poserstyle

Marque opened this issue on Feb 27, 2004 ยท 30 posts

ToolmakerSteve posted Fri, 27 February 2004 at 1:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.poserpros.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24320

Marque, I read Sting's reply. I don't read his tone as "rude". Personally, I give the subscription sites lots of latitude. Not quite the same as buying an item directly. If one model disappoints, hopefully another will make up for it. Patience - I'll bet the problem gets resolved eventually. I agree that a whole week is a long time for SILENCE. I doubt they are rolling in money, and I like knowing it is the creator of an item who will reply, not some intermediary who may be prompt, but may or may not be capable of solving my problem, or giving me an authoritative answer. It's a trade-off. Deal directly with the one who knows, but between day jobs, real life, state-of-mind (sometimes one needs a break from computers. Maybe even a LONG break...), unpredictable delays in responding. Here are some alternate places for inexpensive purchases with your hard-earned money (I say this more for newer Poser users): PoserWorld maintains a consistent high-quality subscription site. PoserPros "Pro Club" items are quality, and $2.50 (no membership fee). DAZ "Platinum Club" items are quality, and $2.00 (but membership fee in addition). - - - - - - - - - - And pardon the self-promotion, but it is my interest in encouraging lots of inexpensive items, and making it easy for non-technically-inclined clothiers to bring new fashions to Poser, without mastering all the technical gunk, that led me to spend a year developing WardrobeValet (expected Beta in March 2004), an AUTOMATIC clothing-fitting utility, that will make thousands of free and inexpensive clothing items work well, and fit a wide range of human models. For early pictures, click on link above.