Forum: Community Center

Subject: EdgeNet Responds

tim opened this issue on Sep 17, 2000 ยท 60 posts

Jack D. Kammerer posted Sun, 17 September 2000 at 12:00 PM Online Now!

Tim, Please understand, no disrespect but a point that you left out, what you term "value" seems to be different from mine and Ed's are. I will not get into the politics of "money issues" percentages or "take home pay". I think, however, there has been plenty of "value" influxing into Edgenet's pocket since Ed and I took over the "administration" of this website that you made, not in monies made ON this site, but monies made FROM this site and it's Community, that you left out in your statement. Please allow me to state my thoughts on this... Your first and primary goal with Renderosity has been making sure that Renderosity be the show piece of your forum software. As Ed and I built up the membership of this site through our hard work and devotion to this Community, you have been Presenting this Community as the "SHOW PIECE" for your company's software and the developement of it. A member base of 28,000 + members acting as a family, mine and Ed's dedication, AS WELL AS, the dedication of the other Moderators and Admins, have made it possible for your company to garner monies for the sales of that software to other companies looking to have the same level of Community and usage from the EaseForum software, from the reputation that Renderosity presents. Renderosity may have been opperating at a loss for your company, HOWEVER, the sales of your software to other companies and individuals, base upon the membership of this site and Community, have subsidized that loss and turned it into a HUGE profit engine for your company. In other words, you were profiting from Renderosity in other ways, as a Company, than just the monies brought into this site from the Community or Online store... a profit that the Community never saw, nor Ed and I or any of the other workers here. I think that it is only fair that this "Value" was also mentioned, that you possibly overlooked. Jack