Forum: Community Center

Subject: EdgeNet Responds

tim opened this issue on Sep 17, 2000 ยท 60 posts

Luna posted Sun, 17 September 2000 at 6:39 PM

Here's Another Analogy For You Since Yours is a Bit Inacurate Virus, Though I Am Not Surprised. They Did Not Fire The Waiter...They Fired The Managers And ALL The Waiters. HUGE Difference. And In That Case, Hell Yes I Would Stop Going To The Restaraunt. Let me Put This In Perspective If I may. Suppose I Uploaded My Images To AOL And Then They Decided To Take My Site, And My Images, And Use Them For Themselves After Canning Me. Would That be Right? Hell No. They Are MY Images, My Webpage. All AOL Did Was Supply The Service And the Program That Runs Said Service. I Paid For The Account, I Did The Work, I Made Everything On THe Site. Hopefully You Can See That Little Example THere And What Artist Among Us Has Not Complained About Being Ripped Off For Our Work? NOW....If You Will.....Apply The Same To Edgenet. Why? Becuase It's The SAME DAMN THING! They Provided The Webspace, They Provided The Program To Run It, But WE The Artists, Including Jack And Ed And The Moderators, MADE THe THings Here Aside From The Program And The Space And It's OURS. Yet THEY Want To Kick Everyone Out And Now Use It As Their Own. It's WRONG! Plain And Simple. Ethically, Morally, Tastefully, And Most Likely Legally Wrong. I Cannot Claim TO Be Sure On The Last, However, The Stuff Here Is Ours. Not Theirs. Yet Everyone Is Going Around Saying It's All Theirs. That Just Is NOT TRUE. The Space, The Program. That Is Theirs. The Rest Is ALL Ours. Please.....THink About It. Thanks