Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: P5 SR4, No Depth map Shadows with New Lights, Here's a Tedious Work-Around

Jeff01 opened this issue on Mar 01, 2004 ยท 26 posts

Treewarden posted Wed, 03 March 2004 at 10:52 AM

I will try today the step by step method, cuz now I see that maybe I wasn't doing it right. Question, if you changed the new spotlight to an infinite light, why would it still read as spotLight in the .lt2? That's what I had a problem with last night. All my lights (20 in all) were infinite lights (I use homemade HDRI light sets). The .lt2 unless I was looking in the wrong place, didn't list the lights as spotlights. I tried to do the same test with Don instead of a ball, and I could not reproduce the results. I will tonight with your copy of the code try to reproduce the results above. I have to confess I don't see why this would work. Changing the name to lights that cast shadows seems simple enough, but why would P4 renderer call them correctly while Firefly wouldn't? With the number of lights I use, I now see why you've called this a tedious workaround. I guess I can change them all at once, so it's not so bad. This bug makes Daz3d's global lighting packs useless, right? Unless you do the hack on the .lt2? Man I am starting to get depressed again! LOL! I think I needed to find the light listings under the shadowcam calls. I'll try again and let you know. Thanks for the more details!