Forum: Fractals

Subject: Comments - one more time

Deagol opened this issue on Mar 02, 2004 ยท 38 posts

tresamie posted Wed, 03 March 2004 at 3:07 PM

What I don't understand about your position, Keith, is whether any images here have anything good in them. Does every single image lack something or have something done poorly? I suppose that might be true. Should we then focus on nothing but that? Should we ignore the fabulous colors because 2 layers didn't line up quite right? Must we point out the tiny bit of purple in a Red/White/Blue image when the form is lyrical and the shape wonderful? In the public comment area, I will often focus on the positive aspects. If I think that someone needs a hint about an area that could be improved, I will write to them privately. That seems the best compromise to me, and I will continue to do so. I think often that public criticism just makes the ears ring with embarrassment and that a sensitive person may not be able to concentrate on improving, but simply give up art as a hopeless cause. I know that I have a lot of learning and working to do, and welcome any comments of any kind on my images. (well, not cruel and nasty flames, lol)

Fractals will always amaze me!